User avatars have been a pain in the neck for all of us lately. Yesterday we finally got it figured out and you should no longer be seeing broken image links on user profiles or the dens/patrols/units page. Thanks for your patience!
I just released a bug fix that was causing updates to order of the arrow information to fail. This is now fixed.
The progress bar and updates for TurboNET Advancement Report were not progressing unless you refreshed the page before submitting it. This is now fixed. Thanks for everyone who reported it!
We just released three changes:
1) We separated the payments column on the all payments page for an event into debits and credits columns.
2) Spencer fixed saving meeting schedules - the rails 5 upgrade had left it submitting twice.
3) We fixed a Trail Life USA specific bug preventing Point Men and Rants from registering.
When you look at a progress report for a den/patrol/section/troop and you pick "All *s", the progress report was showing every requirement of every award. This was making the report really slow and totally useless. I knew about this last night when I was working on progress reports, but perhaps I was tired because I couldn't make sense of it.
This morning I woke up with the answer in my head, and as a result the progress report by achievement type now only shows a summary view of every award of that type.
Have a great day,
Brainwaves come from the weirdest things. This morning, because of a minor error on my part, the drag-and-drop feature on the patrols/dens/sections page was broken in my development environment. Somehow, that gave me an idea about our Ruby on Rails upgrade we've been struggling with, that a simple configuration problem was the source of all our troubles.
I was right. Rails 5 is now live!
This is such a huge, huge relief to us. So many things have been stuck behind this upgrade and it is finally out of the way.
Thanks to everyone for being patient with the outages that occurred as we worked on the upgrade. We love you!!!Permalink
We just released a number of bug fixes related to the rails 5 upgrade that went live this morning:
1) Badge books were crashing in some cases. Fixed.
2) Printing blue cards was crashing. Fixed.
3) Deleting user avatars was broken. Fixed.
4) Printing attendance sheets was broken. Fixed.
5) Trail Life renewal payments weren't working. Fixed.
There are a couple of know issues we are working on:
1) Uploading files in the page editors.
2) Trail Life Point Man Tools -> Leader books is broken.
3) User avatars are not working. If you upload a new image the images will work if you don't want to wait for us to fix this.
Thanks for everyone who alerted us to these issues.
Good evening! We just released several improvements.
1) The progress report now shows only the first word of each requirement to make room for more requirements, but the full requirement is displayed if you hover over it.
2) The progress report now includes the percent complete and completion date of achievements.
3) We have corrected the spelling of the word "receive" in quite a few places (i before e except after c, you know...).
4) In certain rare cases mailing lists were crashing. This is fixed.
Have a nice night!
Good morning! Happy Friday!
Back in the early fall we attempted a major upgrade of Ruby on Rails, the application framework that we use to build TroopTrack. We are currently on version 4.2, but the latest stable version is now 5.0. That upgrade didn't go well and we had to back it out. We decided to wait until the super busy season (August - early November) was over before we tried it again.
This morning we are trying it again. We've spent a lot of time fixing the problems we saw back in September, and I hope it will go much better this time.
That said... this is a big deal and there is a big possibility we will see some problems throughout the day. We will resolve them as quickly as possible, so please bear with us today.
This upgrade is really important since it is delaying a lot of improvements we want to make to TroopTrack, like this one: https://community.trooptrack.com/t/the-future-of-magic-mailing-lists-custom-mailing-lists-and-mailboxes/2571
Have a great day and a better weekend!
I just pushed a bunch of small bug fixes:
- Girl Scout troops can now record outside service hours
- I corrected some wording about PayPal support "coming soon" (we've had it for years...)
- You can add a title and a description to photos in the photo album, and now you can actually see them in the list view of a photo album
- Fixed the total column of the money book to be accurate - there were cases where it was over-counting certain transactions
- We were showing a balance due on the event "all payments" page for people who paid with a money account that was equal to the credit card fees that would have been incurred if they used a card. This balance due has been removed.
- Deactivated users can no longer log into their inactive troop account
- If you add a user as an adult and then change them to a scout, their ranks now initialize properly (BSA only)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the fundraiser feature to crash in certain situations
- The inbound email processor was crashing for certain types of spam that did not have a sender. We have fixed it to avoid crashing.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing you from recording miles in outside participation.
Phew! Sleep tight!